Update - July 6 2021
With the arrival of BC's Step 3 on July 1, we have been approved to downsize our COVID-19 Safety Plan. Please re-read this webpage to ensure you are familiar with current requirements.
North Langley Baseball COVID-19 Safety Plan
The North Langley COVID-19 Safety Plan is a 100% endorsement of Township of Langley's recommendations and Baseball BC's Return-To-Play (RTP) Plan guidelines. Changes for the current update are listed below.
- Up to 5000 spectators are allowed (you never know... some of the summer games are exciting). There is no requirement for Contact Tracing. It goes without saying that attendees shall be mindful of their current health status and maintain physical distance accordingly.
- There is no longer a requirement to submit contact tracing information to the Township of Langley.
- Coaches, umpires, and other on-field helpers are not required to wear masks.
- Shared equipment is permitted.
- Designated roles for Sanitizer, Attendance Tracker, etc are no longer required.
- Coaches or Managers must still provide easy access and encourage use of hand sanitizer, specifically before/after eating snacks, sneezing, etc.
- For the balance of the summer season, the Teamsnap Health Check process and RTP Process will still be used.
The Health Check and RTP Process Explained
One of the safety measures in place is that every attendee to an event must be health screened. To attend, they must either (a) be able to answer No to the 4 health check questions, or (b) demonstrate that they have received clearance to play after completing the North Langley Baseball RTP Form.
We ask that parents proactively and honestly communicate with Head Coaches, so that the Head Coach can maintain awareness of the collective team health status and potential exposure risks.